ERP full form: Enterprise Resource Planning. ERP is also called the Industry Resource Scheme and The term ERP is related to business or enterprises. It is a group of Integrated Applications that helps users store and manage their business data.
ERP is Business Management Software. In today’s time, it is used to manage its business in almost every small and big company.
With the help of Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP Full Form) Software, we can store all the data related to our business safely. Data can be easily stored and managed with this software.
From here the risk of theft or loss of data is also very less. Many users can access it at the same time. There are both types of Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP Full Form) Software Online and Offline.
Today, Enterprise Resource Planning(ERP Full Form) software is being used in many places like Bank, School, Factory, Government Office, Private Office, etc. With the help of ERP software, you can store and manage all the data related to your business safely.
ERP software is considered very useful for large organizations and comes in many modules. Each Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP Full Form) software module has its own functional area and the organization uses it for good Productivity and Presentation. You can see the names of ERP modules below.
- Human Resources
- Project management
- Financial Accounting
- Supply Chain Management
- Customer Relationship Management
ERP Full Form: Features of ERP System
The ERP system is a Shared Database that supports many functions used by various Units. Friends such as Accounting and Sales can rely on the same information
- An ERP system is easily scalable so adding new functionality according to the business plan is very easy.
- By offering accurate and real-time information ERP software reduces administrative and operations costs.
- ERP system improves data quality by improving the underlying processes which help organizations to make better business decisions.
- ERP system helps to improve data access with the use of advanced user management and access control.
- ERP provides transparency to the organization
- Helps to eliminate redundancy in the data management system
- It offers a higher level of security by allowing restricting employee’s accounts only to the processes.
- It helps to helps make reporting easier and more customizable.
Disadvantages of ERP system
- The up-front cost of the entire implementation can be very high for any small-to-medium-sized businesses.
- ERP deployments take a relatively longer amount of time. Sometime it may take 1-3 years to be implemented and be fully functional.
- The migration of existing data is very difficult to achieve. That’ why Integrating ERP systems with other standalone software systems are equally difficult.
- ERP implementations are very difficult in decentralized organizations with different kinds of business processes and systems.