PHP Full Form means Hypertext Preprocessor and PHP is the most popular and widely used server end scripting language for web development. It is used to make the Dynamic pages on websites.
Hypertext pre-processor(PHP Full Form) is a papular scripting language created by Rasmus Lerdorf in 1994 and is now developed by a large community of people. PHP has widely used server end programming because it was secure and password protected.
Full form of PHP is Hypertext Preprocessor
PHP Full Form: Hypertext Preprocessor
The papular Blogging platform WordPress has been created by PHP only. The extension of the PHP pages was .php, php3 or phtml but the webserver can be set up using any extension.
Example of PHP Syntax:
<?php echo "Hello, World!"; ?>
It is common to put PHP code inside an HTML document, for example:
<!DOCTYPE html> <html> <head> <title>Hello World</title> </head> <body> <?= '<p>Hello World</p>'; ?> </body> </html>
Why use PHP?
You’ve obviously heard of quite a few programming languages on the market; you might be wondering why we would want to use PHP as our toxin for web programming. The following are a few of the compelling factors.
- Hypertext pre-processor(PHP Full Form) is open-source and free.
- Short learning curve compared to other languages such as JSP, ASP, etc.
- Large community document
- Most web hosting servers support PHP by default unlike other languages such as ASP that need IIS. This makes PHP a cost-effective choice.
- Hypertext pre-processor(PHP Full Form) is regularly updated to keep abreast of the latest technology trends.
- Another benefit that you get with PHP is that it’s a server-side scripting language; this means you only need to install it on the server and client computers requesting resources from the server do not need to have PHP installed; only a web browser would be enough.
- PHP has inbuilt support for working hand in hand with MySQL; this doesn’t mean you can’t use PHP with other database management systems. You can still use PHP with
- MS SQL Server
Advantages of PHP
- Free of Cost: PHP is open source and all its components are free to use and distribute.
- Platform independent: PHP is platform-independent and can be run on all major operating systems.
- Compatible with almost all servers: PHP is compatible with almost all servers used today.
- Secure: PHP has multiple layers of security to prevent threats and other malicious attacks.
- Easy to learn: PHP has a very easy and understandable syntax. Its codes are based on C, C++ and embedded with HTML so it is very easy to learn for a programmer.